Core Exercise - The Plank
Core stability exercise the plank.
- Start in a push up position and raise yourself so that your elbows are completely straight. Your hands should be facing directly forwards and you should be up on your toes.
- Inhale and engage your core.
- As you exhale, float one leg upwards so that it is in line with your back. Your toes on the raised leg should be pointing away from you and you should be in a position so that the back of your body represents a plank.
- Return the leg to the start position after one breath and repeat with the opposite leg.
- Repeat 5-10 times each leg.
- Assume a proper push up position. Your back should not be arched in any way.
- When taking your leg off the floor do not arch your back. You should feel your gluteal muscles kick in rather than putting strain on your back