Core Exercise - Reverse Straight Leg Raise
Core stability straight leg raise in prone position.
This is another exercise that is carried out on your front and is aimed to stress the posterior (back) muscles, in particular the gluteals, while engaging the core
- Lie on your front with your forehead resting on a pillow or your hands. Place a pillow under your stomach if this is uncomfortable.
- Your legs should be straight out on the floor.
- Inhale to prepare and as you exhale set your core.
- While keeping your back straight float one leg up off the ground and hold for a breath.
- Bring the leg down to the mat and repeat with the opposite leg.
- There is a large tendency with this exercise to arch the back. Keep the back as straight as possible allowing only movement of the leg to occur.