Core Exercise - Single Leg Stretch
Core stability single leg stretch exercise.
This exercise tests you hand foot coordination while testing your core with movements in opposite directions.
- Lie flat on your back with one knee and hip bent up whilst the other is straight and flat on the floor. Start with both arms stretched out above the head, on the floor.
- Inhale to prepare and while exhaling engage your core.
- Inhale again and as you exhale, raise the straight leg up, bending the knee towards the chest whilst at the same time bringing both arms forward over your head to meet your knee.
- Inhale again return the arms to the start position whilst straightening the leg
- Repeat 5-10 times and then change legs.
- Try not to allow any arching of the back when you bring your hands over your head.
- Try to maintain fluid movements with your breathing so that your feet and arms move in unison. Steady and rhythmic breathing in time is the key to this exercise.