Medicine Ball Catch
The medicine ball catch exercise is designed to challenge the single leg balance with an unknown. This develops proprioception after lower limb injuries.
- Start off standing on a single leg.
- Get a partner or therapist to throw a ball towards you so you can catch it.
- Maintain your balance throughout.
- Start with gentle throws directly towards your body.
- As you improve try slightly harder throws or throws slightly off to the side or overhead.
- A further challenge is to do the same exercise whilst balancing on a wobble board.