Bouhler Shoulder Exercises
Bouhler exercises are excellent for the shoulder blade muscles and the mid-back.
- Strengthens the middle back muscles and the lower trapezius.
- Static muscular contractions using the wall as resistance. Ensure the abdominals are tighened and the back is flat against the wall.
- Exercise 1 - Patient pushes the thumbs to the wall, hold for 5 seconds, relax and repeat.
- Exercise 2 - The patient pushes the backs of the hands into the wall. Hold for 5 seconds, rest and repeat.
- Exercise 3 - The arms are positioned at a 45 degree angle from horizontal and then pushed back into the wall. Ensure the elbows are straight and shoulder blades retracted (pulled together).
- Perform the same movements in a prone lying position (on the front)