Diagonal Plane Exercises
These exercises use a resistance band to strengthen the shoulder and arm muscles, especially the rotator cuff, chest and upper back.
- This exercise effectively works muscles in this back, upper arm and shoulder.
- The athlete holds one end of a resistance band starting with the arm raised out to the side above shoulder height.
- The arm is pulled down across the body so that hand reaches the other hip.
- It is important the athlete maintains joint stability throughout the exercise.
- These exercises work the chest muscles, upper back muscles, shoulder muscles and arm muscles.