Hand Walking on Treadmill / Stool
This exercise can either be carried out on a treadmill or a wheely stool.
- Distal movement exercises require control, strength and, in this case, shoulder stability.
- To start with the athlete is positioned with the knees on the floor and hands on the belt.
- This exercise can also be performed using a stool
- Starting the machine at a very slow speed, the athlete walks the hands forward.
- This can be progressed by increasing the speed and duration of exercise, as well as performing the exercise with the feet on the floor, rather than the knees.
- This exercise aids muscle control, endurance and co-ordination.