Lateral Rotation in Standing
Shoulder exercise - Lateral rotation in standing using a resistance band. Also known as the External Rotation in standing.
- To strengthen the teres minor, infraspinatus and posterior deltoid.
- This is a very common shoulder rehabilitation exercise and an easy one to get started with.
- The athlete stands holding the band with the elbow abducted in 90 degrees.
- They rotate the shoulder outwards as far as is comfortable and return to the centre.
- Exercise must be done under control and pain free.