Shoulder Step Ups
The plus position (placing the shoulder blades into protraction) increases muscle activation of the serratus anterior.
- To strengthen the serratus anterior and triceps
- The athlete positions themselves ready for a push-up, with either the knees or feet on the floor, depending on strength.
- A step of 20-30cm is positioned next to the athlete.
- They then raise one hand at a time onto the step, so that one is on top.
- The back is then rounded upwards, similar to a cat stretch.