Wood Chops shoulder exercise
The wood chop shoulder exercise improves the upper body strength and explosive strength.
- To strengthen the scapular muscles, core stabilizers and triceps.
- The athlete stands one meter in front of a rebound net with a medicine ball held in both hands, over one shoulder as shown.
- The ball is thrown down into the net using a chopping motion.
- The athlete catches the rebound, absorbs the impact and then repeats the throw.
- This can also be performed using a partner to catch and return the ball and should be repeated on both sides.
- The scapular and core stabilizers
- Triceps brachii